The title of this article looks little vague as we all have heard about “Long Live -His / Her Kingdom, Dynasty”, but the Earth is there from last millions of years & going to be there for many more centuries, is what we trust! But, is this a real story? ; Or our actions are resulting into her destruction?
This is the question we need to address on war footing basis
The reason behind this is the changing in the climate patterns all over the world, raising temperature of the earth due to Global Warming.
At local levels we observe the change in the climatic seasons every year. Every summer is hotter than the earlier one & so on
The problem is faced by everyone all over the world, despite of caste, creed, age & the financial level. So the solution must be found out by one and all jointly, for the benefit of the mankind and the coming generations.
Climate change knowledge is complex, diverse and hence ‘Knowledge Brokerage’ for climate change is important. Knowledge brokering is about bringing people together, to help them build relationships, uncover needs, and share ideas and evidence that will let them do their jobs better. It is the human force that makes knowledge transfer (the movement of knowledge from one place or group of people to another) more effective.
Knowledge brokerage can be used for:
- Sharing knowledge with decision makers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Addressing the complexities and uncertainties around climate change.
- Making sense of the different perspectives on climate change.
- Communicating clearly amongst stakeholders.
We as Indians must face this problem of Climate Change & Global Warming by two approaches –
Mitigation is to research / find new ways & techniques that will take care of the climate change problems, whereas Adaptation is to change ourselves & align our life style according to the environmental / climate changes.
These two strategies will certainly help us overcome this complicated problem to maximum extent.
Many practical ideas at local levels, affordable to each one viz.
- Minimize the use of Petrol / Diesel vehicles & use of Cycle wherever possible.
- Use of Public Transport / Car pooling
- Use of Green / Renewable energy wherever possible.
- Optimum use of Air Conditioners & optimum temperatures.
- In every action use ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ strategy & also ‘Research’ for new ideas / ways to replace conventional procedures.
And last but not the least,
Simply put ‘Environment First’ i.e. in your every action.
Let’s all Pray and Hope to Long Live this Earth.